You are currently viewing Reporting a Foreign Property

Reporting a Foreign Property

The CRA has made changes to Form T1135 . It allows taxpayers who held foreign property with a total cost of less than $250,000, throughout the year, to report under a new simplified reporting method rather than providing the detail of each property.

If the total foreign property is $250,000 or more, at any time during a year, the current detailed reporting method will continue to apply.

For more information, click on: Reporting for the 2015 and later tax years.

Since October 23, 2017, the mailing address for this information return has changed. For paper filers, you must use the new address to submit your original return, amended return or additional information. The new address is:

Winnipeg Taxation Centre
Data Assessment & Evaluation Programs
Validation & Verification Section
Foreign Reporting Returns
66 Stapon Road
Winnipeg MB  R3C 3M2